Thursday, February 16, 2012

Do you remember me?

With childlike heart whispered
Promises on bended knee
Oh lord as I struggle here below
Do You remember me

My young and undamaged
Soul so quick to believe
Those who loved you once
Would never leave

Do tell, do You recall me
As a child I’d pray
Bless the sick and troubled
And bring good to stay

I truly without question embraced
 all of the wonders of You
What You saw in me
I lost the vision that you knew

The road led me away
From the warmth of your hold
Once guided by a blinding light
Now left blind, my soul gone cold

So many chances to return
The gift of all of the grace
Now I sit in the darkness
Do You remember my face

Running thru the rays of sun
Precious You cascaded down
Paving recklessly traveled streets
 in this now abandoned town

The bridge I see before me
Seems so shaky and steep
Unearthed promises scattered
Shamelessly I did not keep

The question uttered from
Trembling lips tonight
Do you remember me
My breath still til morning light

My head bowed down
Coming to rest on my knees
Hair brushed from my face
By a calming breeze

My chin turns towards the sky
And my mouth opens wide
The answer has come like a beacon
You never left my side.

The morning light stretches fingers
As a blind one reads a stranger’s face
The skin that held the lines I’ve drawn
Are instantly and perfectly erased

I hear the answer on the notes
Of the birds flying in skies of blue
How could I ever begin my child
To  remember when I never forgot you  

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I am loving all of your writing, Windy Rains!

    ReplyDelete